Happy Sunday! While I haven't put these products to use just yet, I spent countless hours researching, testing in-store, and listening to advice from veteran mama's about their favorite baby gear. I thought it might be helpful to share a short checklist of my
six favorite items
we've bought for our little one...
01. Since baby will be sleeping in our bedroom for the first few months, we opted for a bassinet that offered both functionality and a touch of modern design. We fell in love with the
Babyhome Dream Cot
because of its ability to easily go from stationary, mobile, or to a
. It also has awesome travel capabilities: you can literally collapse the entire thing, place it in the included travel bag and bring it with you on trips to grandma's house or abroad - perfect for our lifestyle.
02. We both come from babywearing families, so it was natural for us to choose to continue the tradition. I've only heard awesome reviews about
, so when they recently released their newest
360 edition carrier
, we jumped on it. It offers lots of wearing positions, and is really user-friendly. We also added the
Organic Infant Cocoon
for a extra bit of cozy; we just hope the baby likes it!
03. Selecting a car seat is overwhelming, there are so many options! We decided to go with a convertible option that can last us through toddlerhood. The
Maxi-Cosi Pria 70
offered the combination we were looking for: safety, comfort, and a generally pleasing esthetic. We ended up choosing
with the tiny fit insert in case our babe is on the smaller side.
04. I'm just not a diaper bag type of gal. I found them either to be big and bulky or over-the-top design wise. I think a lightweight rucksack is a good compromise. I totally fell in love with the
. It's compact but still yields enough storage for all the daily baby essentials you typically need when you're out and about.
05. Space is a challenge in our little flat. I knew right away that a large standing swing was not going to be a feasible option for us, so, after reading countless reviews we opted for the
. It glides back-and-forth like butter, is insanely quiet and even has speakers and an iPod hook-up so that you can play music / white noise while the baby swings.
06. After testing tons of strollers at different baby boutiques,
was hands-down the most user-friendly, and it offers so many options to accommodate newborns to toddlers. I especially loved the
— it's compact, easy to collapse down for storage/travel, and maneuvers like a champ.
Sometime after baby decides to arrive, I plan on checking back in to share which items we end up loving. Stay tuned...
- - - - - -
+ A cozy
for fall. (How could I resist?!)